[time-nuts] FEI FE-5680A Rubidium Pinout

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Mar 14 13:05:08 EDT 2007

> I had to replace a 74HCT74 IC...
> 1   +15V

HCT runs at 5V.  I'd expect smoke if you really have 15 V there.

> Now I'm wondering what the other pins are used for.

I don't know anything about the FE-5680A, but a 74x74 for most values of x is
a dual FF.  The data sheets are widely available on the web.  The 74 prefix
is TI but widely copied.

If my memory is any good, each FF has clock, data in, set and reset, and true
and complement outputs.  (That uses all the pins on a 14 pin dip.)