[time-nuts] An Excellent Tutorial on Precision Clocks

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 15 00:47:41 EDT 2007

Tom Clark, K3IO wrote:
>    I just stumbled on an excellent tutorial on low-noise clocks --
>    National Semiconductors free downloadable "[1]Clock Conditioner
>    Owner's Manual". This 88 page document is a 3.7 MB PDF.
>    73 de Tom, K3IO
>
> References
>
>    1. http://www.national.com/appinfo/interface/files/clk_conditioner_owners_manual.pdf

Tom

Not bad except they give inaccurate formulae for stripline and
microstripline characteristic impedance.
Will these inaccurate formulae ever go away?
They've been around since the 1970's.
When with the trace widths and board thickness then in use the accuracy
wasn't too bad.
However they are not very useful for modern PCB design.

Bruce