[time-nuts] Hello

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:27:32 EDT 2007

Hi I am new to this group, my background; electronics, amateur radio
and clocks.
I am developing a free pendulum and to analyse its operation I
compare it to WWV
on 5 or 10 MHz, the only available radio frequency standard on air in
Australia.
To examine the phase drift and jitter I compare it with a 1MHz rock
in an oven.

I have a HP 5328A which is not stable. It is marked as having option 010
but when I look inside there is only one crystal, 10mhz, which looks
like an el cheapo,
and no sign of an oven.
Can anyone tell me what option 010 looks like?
I intend to buy a $20, better than average,  10mhz rock and put it in
an oven.
Any advice would be appreciated,
Neville Michie