[time-nuts] FMT Practice

Connie Marshall connie.marshall at suddenlink.net
Mon Mar 26 13:46:37 EDT 2007

As most of us know its one thing to practice on WWV or CHU and totally
another to find and measure the frequency of an unknown signal in a short
time period.  So with that in mind I though it would be fun to do some
practice FMT's.

I have been running tests with Joe KM1P in Boston, and we think 80 meters
would be the best band for general coverage from the central USA.  Joe,
thanks for all your help!

The first frequency measuring test will be Thursday March 29 at 02:30 UTC
(Wednesday nite local time).  I will use a little different format than
W1AW. There will be a single two minute key down period.  There will be at
least a 10 second silent time before and after the two minute key down.The
frequency will be near 3550000 Hz.

Send your results to k5cm-2 at suddenlink.net.
I will post the TX Frequency and best readings on my website at
http://pages.suddenlink.net/k5cm

My accuracy will not be as good as Mike WA6ZTY, but should be at least as
good, and hopefully better, than W1AW.

Current equipment
Standard: HP Z3801
Transceiver: FT1000D
Software: Spectrum Lab
Antenna: 80 meter cage dipole for Tx and Beverage for Rx

Connie
K5CM