[time-nuts] DCF77 signal change

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Thu Mar 29 01:54:14 EDT 2007

Pou,

the German electronics magazine ELV does already sell small "weather
stations" that beneath measuring local parameters are said to "receive
weather information from satellite". I have been asking myself which
satellite could be used for such a purpose but your notice makes of
course everything understandable!

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert

http://www.meteotime.com/web/de/System/Default.aspx

        0         1         2         3         4         5
	012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789
	-#--#---#--####--#--#--#--#--#--##-#---#-###-##---###-----#
	--#----#--####---#--##-#--#-##--##-#---#-###-##---###-----#
	-##--#-#-##-#----#--#-##--#-##--##-#---#-###-##---###-----#
	--###-##-##-#----#--####--#--#--##-#---#-###-##---###-----#
	---#-----#-#-#---#--#---#-#--#--##-#---#-###-##---###-----#
	-#------#--#-##--#--##--#-#-##--##-#---#-###-##---###-----#

Obviously, my clock is so old that it was writte for the older "if you
see any of these bits, the transmitter has problems" signal spec.

Anyone know the encoding of the weather info ?  I wonder if they use the
minute bits to designate regions to save bits ?

Poul-Henning

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
incompetence.