[time-nuts] New Trimble timing products

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue May 22 07:13:54 EDT 2007

> I could not figure if the Resolution-T (or Mini-T) provides carrier phase data.

I would guess not. The manual with TSIP commands is at:
http://www.trimble.com/tmg_resolutiont_ts.asp
Looks like it reports code phase in units of 1/16 chip.

What were your plans if it had carrier phase?

> I do not know if Trimble still sells the original Thunderbolt, but as
> of a year ago or so, they wanted something like $1,600 for one piece.
> The Mini-T is certainly much less costly, for about the same advertised
> performance. It better be, it looks a lot less expensive to manufacture.

The surplus new Thunderbolt units mentioned here some
months ago are around 150 each and perform very well.
I'll post a report shortly.

/tvb