[time-nuts] Manual PTS X10

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Nov 11 17:24:44 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/11/2007 19:41:56 GMT Standard Time, rexa at sonic.net
writes:

I don't  know anything, specifically, about the X10, but here is a link
to general  information on PTS synthesizers that I condensed after
searching for  information on a PTS 250 a couple years  ago.
http://www.xertech.net/Tech/PTS.html

-Rex

----------------------

Hi Rex

It is very similar, as are most of the PTS series, but with some
differences, particularly in that the x10 uses something called odd or  even mode
switching.
According to the manual this selects odd or even step boundaries for a  2 MHz
bandwidth over which phase-continuous switching will occur.
This uses pin 43, one of the 100MHz control pins on the wider range units,
the 100 Mhz control of course not being needed on the X10.
I've not used my X10, nor studied the manual in much detail, so don't  know
yet if there are other differences but that one's the most  obvious.

Ironically, when I got hold of this manual a few months ago I also got one
for the PTS250.
Again I only have it in printed form although I do hope to get it  scanned
eventually.
In the meantime, if you still have your unit and need any specific info
pleaae feel free to contact me.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR