[time-nuts] GPS Jammers

Bruce Rahn brahn at woh.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 21:06:34 EST 2007

Magnus Danielson wrote:
> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>
> From: Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net>
> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] GPS Jammers
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:11:46 -0800
>

>> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>>
>> Hi Tom:
>>
>> I've also seen the three antenna version on the asian discount web pages.
>> Do you know if any of them have test reports?
>> I question of the one that looks like a cigarette lighter with a 1" whip
>> antenna can do much.
>>

> 10 km radius have been measured with similar properties.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

It really doesn't take much!

One of my favorite GPS jamming incidents of public record is the one at
the link:

http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=43404

For another look at things, please see:

http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=43432

Bringing this back on the topic of time :)  The Fall 2007 issue of the
magazine "Inside GNSS" has an interesting article "Fuzzy Time -
GPS-Based Synchronizers in the Presence of Interference"  For a CW
signal, a GPS timing receiver's performance begins to degrade when the
interfering signal is at a level of -87 dBm.  With an FM interference
source, it starts to degrade at -106 dBm.  Well worth the read if you
can find this magazine.

Bruce

--
Bruce Rahn