[time-nuts] OT: Prologix GPIB and HP3478A...

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Wed Nov 28 01:07:11 EST 2007

Chuck,

The commands I copied in my previous post were sent very fast. My program
sends the strings automatically when I click on a button, so fast timing is
perfectly acceptable by the Prologix/3478A combination.

Let me know if you need me to give you any particular configuration
information of my setup.

I use a program I wrote in Visual basic under XP, but I cannot see why it
would not work from the keyboard, even though I have not tried... I have
tried from the keyboard with the HP 3456A voltmeter at one time when Abdul
asked me for testing purposes (the Prologix did not completely lock out, but
was clearly overwhelmed by the amount of data returned by the meter), and
after Abdul added the ++read eoi command, it worked fine too.

I know you use Linux, so this program won't do you any good, and I do not
have a Linux box handy in the shack at the moment, but if you wanted to try
it, let me know.

Didier KO4BB