[time-nuts] OT: Prologix GPIB and HP3478A...The Answer!

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Nov 28 17:09:29 EST 2007

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] OT: Prologix GPIB and HP3478A...The Answer!
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:58:59 +0000

> In message <PKEGJHPHLLBACEOICCBJCEPLCNAB.jmiles at pop.net>, "John Miles" writes:
>
> >Agreed, documenting this sort of limitation is pretty important, now that
> >it's known.  That said, his intent has always been one dongle per
> >instrument, plugged directly into the back without any cables at all.  The
> >first few generations of the board used a DIP switch to set a hardwired
> >address, in fact.
>
> I bought two Prologix (since the shipping is such a large fraction here
> to .eu I might as well)
>
> I have found that it works best if I use one Prologix for my Tek
> 'scope and the other one for all the HP-kit (7 instruments, most
> of which are powered down at any one time)

It is so nice that Tek and HP could agree on a standard for printouts. :P

That was irony for you. From whatever I have seen, they have never worked
together.

The Tek Spec we have at work has a nice feature. TWO GPIB connectors.
One for remote instrument control and the other for printouts only.

Cheers,
Magnus