[time-nuts] Chronometer contest sponsored by IEEE Spectrum

p.ross at ieee.org p.ross at ieee.org
Thu Nov 29 10:42:35 EST 2007

IEEE Spectrum, the magazine of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic
Engineers, is issuing a D-I-Y challenge that may be of interest to the
members of this group. The goal is to build the most accurate possible
digital clock for under $100, accuracy to be measured before disciplining
with GPS, WWVB or other external aides. It is required that all parts be
generally available; for instance, you can use an OCXO (by all means!) but
only if it?s currently available on the open market. Display should be
seven-segment LEDs?we?re looking for a usable appliance, not just a
science project. Winner?s photo and project will be published on the
magazine, its Web site, or both.

Please send entries to:

p.ross at ieee.org
Philip E. Ross