[time-nuts] 60khz NTP Server?

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:50:08 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Tom Clifton <kc0vsj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a product that is an NTP server
> that gets its time source from WWVB at 60khz? There
> are lots of "Atomic Clocks" out there but I haven't
> seen one that does what I want.

If you are willing to do a bit of soldering and writing some code (or
mangle another NTP driver source code to fit) there is the C-Max
CME8000 modules with antenna available from Digikey (CME8000-BUS-LP-01
is in stock, CME8000-BUS-LP-02 is already RS-232) and combine it with
a MAX232 (MAX232N or MAX232CPE+) chip or use a TTL to RS-232 module
such as <http://www.futurlec.com/Mini_RS232_TTL_5V.shtml> (based in
Asia) or <http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=133>
(based in US).

-Michael