[time-nuts] Is this off topic?

Maggie Leber k3xs at arrl.net
Sat Sep 22 10:48:46 EDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Bill Hawkins <bill at iaxs.net> wrote:

> Does anyone care about how we got to where we are?

I certainly do.

The time and astronomy exhibits at the Franklin Institute Science
Museum sparked and interest in these subjects in me as a child...alas
now more of a theme-park tourist attraction than a museum.  From an HF
receiver permanently tuned to WWV to a working model of the Strasbourg
astronomical clock, much fodder for young minds.

Last summer I was fortunate to make a bit of a pilgrimage to the Royal
Observatory at Greenwich, where they have a delightful "Time Gallery"

Some photos from my trip:

A good read on a Smithsonian exhibit on the history of timekeeping in the US:

My horology tags: http://del.icio.us/MaggieL/horology

Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP  SCWCD
<maggie at voicenet.com>  http://voicenet.com/~maggie
AOPA 925383 -- Amateur Radio Station K3XS -- ARRL 39280 -- AMSAT 32844

  "The art of progress is to preserve order amid change
   and to preserve change amid order."-A.N.Whitehead