[time-nuts] Agilent E7495B Base Station test set

Rod Preston rdpreston at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 6 01:35:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have borrowed one of these instruments from work to test my 23cm
transverter, since signal generator has the option for GPS "assistance".

I note that when the GPS is enabled, the frequency 'hunts' approx +/- 10 Hz
at 1296.1 MHz every few seconds.  When the GPS is disabled the 'hunting'
disappears.

I'm using Spectran running on a laptop PC, which is connected to my SSB Rx
looking, and am looking for a nominal 1 KHz tone when the Rx is tuned to
1296.09900 MHz.

Can anyone please comment as to whether this normal behavior for instruments
of this type ?

Best Regards,

Rod Preston VK4KZR

Brisbane, Australia