[time-nuts] Frequency reference

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Apr 20 19:25:19 EDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:28:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
"Richard W. Solomon" <w1ksz at earthlink.net> wrote:

> One experiment I tried to confirm that they actually worked was:
> One GPSDO 10 MHz output was used as the external reference for an
> EIP 535 Counter. The second GPSDO was used to lock up a 1 GHz PLO
> brick set to 970.000 MHz. Reading the output of the 970 MHz brick
> on the EIP counter produced a reading of 970 000 000. The last zero
> did fluctuate +/- 1 digit randomly.

How did you keep the phase noise of the 10MHz reference
for the 970MHz signal low?

			Attila Kinali

The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to
the point of making programmers obsolete.
		-- Jabber in #holo