[time-nuts] Frequency reference

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 20 19:43:43 EDT 2008

It does not matter how many references you build you will never know how
good they are. There can only one judgement "goodness", and this is
comparison with the national standard. You reference may even be "better"
that a national standard but must be judged against the national standard.
Most countries provided a certification scheme for your reference but you
will pay a lot of money for that, else you use one of the distributed
national standards and then you must know the degradation in the
distribution system which is normally made available. There are several NIST
(NPL in the UK) monographs I believe....surely that is the place to start.

Alan G3NYK