[time-nuts] Power supply for Thunderbolt

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 21 10:29:39 EDT 2008

Based on what's been said so far, I've ordered a Meanwell T-30B from Aibin

Does this supply need dummy loads to ensure regulation, or does it manage OK
with just the load the Thunderbolt places on it?

The TB manual specifies:

+12v +/-10% max current 750 mA
+5v +/-5% max current 400 mA
-12v +/-10% max current 10 mA
+5v 50 mV peak-to-peak, 15 mVrms
+/-12v 75 mV peak-to-peak, 20 mVrms

Looking at the T-30B datasheet, it suggests ripple/noise of around 20-25mV
p-p on all lines for an input between 210 and 250V.

This does seem to meet those specifications - that's pretty good for an
SMPS.   I'm used to them being pretty noisy brutes.

Many thanks to all