[time-nuts] Disciplining Rubidium

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 17:29:43 EDT 2008

Hi Tom,

that Superstar receiver only has +/-50ns 1PPS timing accuracy (typical).
That compares to an M12M claimed accuracy of +/-10ns corrected.

I wonder why the receiver manufacturers don't do the math on the carrier
phase, and generate very accurate 1PPS signals. Is it because they don't have
OCXO's? Or do they need the data from USNO to do the math?

Is there any public domain software that can take the carrier phase data,
and give you a solution, at least a position fix with 1cm accuracy etc?

As far as I know the M12+ was tested at USNO to within 2ns average over 300
hours, and I have never seen a better timing receiver measurement. But that
still is 2 Feet accuracy, a far cry from 1cm.

thanks,
bye,
Said

In a message dated 4/24/2008 13:59:40 Pacific Daylight Time,