[time-nuts] GSyncQ GPS Evalution Kits && NTPns

Pekka Niemelä pniemel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 03:46:11 EDT 2008

Hi, and thanks for your replies PHK and Bruce,

On 4/25/08, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> In message <4f0fb16b0804242145y19490916o6f736de71ab02ee8 at mail.gmail.com>,
> "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pekka_Niemel=E4?=" writ
> es:
>

> It works fine with NTPns, but you must make sure you use a RS422 card which
> has an extra input so you can get the PPS signal also.
>
> I used a Quatech card and that worked well.

Yes, I'm looking for a Quatech card from a Finnish dealer. So, I need the 2
serial port version of the card to get everything I need? I'm not sure how
and what should be fed to the rs-422 connector, can't I use a rs-232c from
the computer run through a max232? Sorry for asking these stupid questions,
but I'm kindof out of luck. Synergy says they have something called Deutsch
connectors from the antenna and receiver. I'm not familiar with this kind of
connector. Synergy says there is a rs-422 connector, do they provide
something like a adapter which will turn the Deutsch thing into a RS-422
connector and separate wires for 1PPS and apparently a second power source?

I'm thrilled that NTPns will work with this setup. :)

warm regards,
P. Niemelä