[time-nuts] FE-5650A Rb: your opinions?

Elio Corbolante eliocor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:35:54 EDT 2008

At this date I have no "frequency standard" at home.
I'd like to buy one FE-5650A Rb used unit (230US$ s/h included) so I will be
able to use it as a reference/comparation for my future DIY GPSDO.
BTW, I found interesting the provision to use the internal DDS to generate
different frequencies than 10MHz: maybe I will use a different DDS chip
(9912) so the resolution will be 48 bits instead of 32...

Or will it be better to spend my money in something like a Thunderbolt unit?

.      thanks in advance
_        Elio.

P.S. do you know what is the WORKING temperature of the unit? I checked the
data sheets but couldn't found
any reference to it: do I need to fix it to a heatsink?
P.P.S. I live in Europe, so now I have a really good Euro/Dollar exchange
rate! :-)