[time-nuts] Thunderbolt PPS output

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Aug 9 19:14:59 EDT 2008

The TB's PPS output has something like 5 ohm output impedance. It is very
desirable to terminate the coax cable with 50 ohm at the other end,
otherwise you will get endless ringing

The following web page uses the PPS output of the Thunderbolt to illustrate
ringing in a non-matched cable:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Test_Equipment/CoaxCableMatching.php

And this page shows a minimum, energy efficient pulse stretcher:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Test_Equipment/Thunderbolt/PulseStretching/

Didier KO4BB