[time-nuts] I want a good micro-controller

Robert Vassar rvassar at rob-vassar.com
Thu Aug 14 19:24:46 EDT 2008

Good grief!  That's not a microcontroller!  :-)

I like the MCS-51 family, but they're kind of goofy to program in C,
and 8-bit.  Upside, lots of vendors & variants, including the really
nice SiLabs mixed signal chips made here in Austin.  AVR is much
nicer to code in C, and has great tool support, but they're single
source, and I have read that Atmel is not always completely
forthcoming in their errata.

Arm... If you need something that can run Linux.... But why not just
go for a Soekris board at that point?  :-)

Rob
KC6OOM/5