[time-nuts] Odetics 325 & 425: File recovery

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Fri Aug 22 02:01:27 EDT 2008

Good eve,

On 21-Aug-08 at 22:45 Hal Murray wrote:

>> 	I'm still picking up the pieces from a major FTP archive crash that
>> lost me a considerable amount of data.
>
>Disks are cheap.

	I know. I'm in the process of building a second RAID array which will mirror the first. I already have a newly-redesigned DLT (tape) backup scheme in place.

	<snippage>

>Any interesting bits should be backed up multiple ways.   If any time-nuts
>have bits that aren't (well) backed up, please contact me off line so we
>can work out some way to add another backup copy to the system.

	I absolutely agree, and I'm in the process of implementing such. I would strongly encourage others to do the same.

	Now, with that said... Do you happen to have the two manuals? Or other files that you might have downloaded from me? If there's too much to send as E-mail attachments, I will happily reimburse media and postage costs.

	Thanks.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."