[time-nuts] FE-5680A C-field trimer ??

wje wje at quackers.net
Mon Aug 25 07:07:09 EDT 2008

   Yes, I forgot about those. If I remember correctly, a -20 option has
   DDS. It's sometimes hard to tell which one you have without opening it
   up. My 5680A came from an EBay auction where the seller claimed it was
   programmable. It wasn't. It has the non-DDS 10 Mhz sine output.
   However, I think that if the pot is installed, you have an adjustable
   C-field. I'm not positive about this, though.
Bill Ezell
----------
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.

   Brian Kirby wrote:

There are several models of the 5680A.  A lot use the DDS circuits to
set the output frequencies and  they do not have C field adjustments.

Brian - KD4FM

wje wrote:

   Unless you can measure the frequency to at least a few parts in 10e10,
   you won't see any change.
   These devices are far more precise than standard frequency counters.
   You either need something like an HP 5370 or 5371 to measure the
   difference, or another equally precise oscillator to compare against
   using a phase meter or your oscilloscope.
Bill Ezell
----------
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.

   Rex wrote:

Have you adjusted it? I tried tweaking that pot on one I had and I
didn't see any effect.

wje wrote:

There's a small hole on the side of the case.
This is the trimmer access, at least on mine.

Bill Ezell
----------
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.

EMMANOUIL MANTZARAS wrote:

Hi
Is there any one that knows where is the c-field trimer in the FE-5680A board
??
Thanks
sv1bke

uts