[time-nuts] Thunderbolt self-survey results...

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 16:15:52 EDT 2008

Besides the wonky geoid,  ionospheric delays (which tend to be poorly modeled and compensated for in single frequency receivers) tend to affect the altitude reading the most.

You also need to set the cable delay time for best accuracy.

Also, for a cheap thrill,  run the self survey several times (preferably at the same and at different times of the day) and see how much it varies.  I set my location to the centroid of about a dozen surveys done over three days.