[time-nuts] Commercial copies of manuals on the ko4bb.com web site

Didier didier at cox.net
Mon Dec 1 12:49:35 UTC 2008

Manual contributors:

It has been brought to my attention that a recently uploaded manual on my
web site was a "cleaned up" copy of an Artek Media scan.

I will not get into the legality of doing that, but I have my own policy
regarding commercial scans, and if in doubt, you are invited to check it at:

http://www.ko4bb.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=test_equipment:my_philosophy_about
_test_equipment_manuals

In essence, commercial ventures like Artek Media and others provide a very
valuable service at a reasonable price, and it is our interest that they
stay in business.
Therefore I do not knowingly post manuals that come from such businesses,
and when I am notified of one, I remove it immediately.

Thanks to everyone for your support, reflected in the over 18,000 files
(hopefully all of them legitimate) in the current Manuals section of my web
site.

Didier KO4BB