[time-nuts] NOT digest, I forget the subject not sure why the digest received Richard's reply and not me ? Oh well, never mind.

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 01:29:59 UTC 2008

http://www.unusualresearch.com/AppNotes/TimeNuts/OptDualMixer.pdf

Fig 1 shows a phase shift of OSC 1 is this required ? Or is it just a indication of the difference in phase of the two OCS's ? Or is this a way to prevent injection lock ?

Further on they say:

"Interference may cause an undesired phase lock by an injection locking process between the measured oscillators. Fortunately these undesired phase locks can be easily detected. The more dangerous are near-false phase locks where the phase is only disturbed."

Maybe that is the propose of the phase shifter on one of the two oscillators ?

Stanley

PS when I attached the pdf it bounced (> 128 KB) so this is a copy with no attachment just the link.