[time-nuts] Odetics 325/425 owners, rejoice!

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Wed Dec 3 03:31:02 UTC 2008

Fellow clock-tickers,

	Thanks to the generous assistance of a customer service rep at Magellan Navigation, I have received a full .PDF manual covering the Magellan OEM5000 receiver module used in many of the Odetics SatSync 325 and 425 GPS clock units.

	This manual contains full details on both ASCII and Magellan Binary outputs from the receiver, including that previously-elusive PMGLK sentence that was driving me nuts.

	The information in that manual, combined with a bit of hardware ingenuity in the microcontroller world and the Odetics equipment manual, should be enough to produce a hardware translation device which will (hopefully) allow the use of a standard (and much more readily available) NMEA-output receiver module. That's going to be a long-term project for me in the coming year.

	Anyone who wants to try and beat me to it is, of course, welcome. ;-)

	The manual may be found on the Blue Feather FTP archive.

	ftp.bluefeathertech.com

	Sign in as user ftp and the password can be anything you want (though I prefer an E-mail for logging purposes).

	The path is /electronics/radio/GPS/receivers/OEM/Magellan/oem5000

	The file name is OEM5K.pdf

	Happy reading.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."