[time-nuts] SR620 Manual

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 8 18:45:21 UTC 2008

Dear Richard,

Richard W. Solomon skrev:
> They are not the only ones to guard the schematics as if they are
> national treasures. TrueTime does it also. Very aggravating, as the
> circuit design is not that unique. Just another way for those guys
> to make an extra buck I guess.

Now I think you are a bit unfair here. I have a real hardcopy of the
manual, and it contains the full schematics and is extremely readable.

You can buy one of these off Ebay, manual services or SRS themselfs for
quite reasnoble money. Thus, the schematics IS obtainable.

There are some which do guard them as national treasury, but I don't
think it is fair to say this about SRS. They just do not put them in the
free for download PDFs, that's all.

There are those that does not seem to have much online, but are
extremely helpfull in aiding repairs and maintainence. I agree it would
be so much better if they would have an complete online manual archive,
but not having that is not the same as keeping their claws around it as
if it was a top secret document of the cold war level. There are many
levels of support inbetween and in many cases you will find that pure
effort to scan things and maintain the site is much more of a
prohibiting factor than minds.

Then again, there are a few companies out there that DO think like that.

Cheers,
Magnus