[time-nuts] gravimeters

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 22:40:47 UTC 2008

The problem with helium is that it comes out of oil wells.
It does not cost much because they were digging up the oil anyway.
If what they say about peak oil is true, in 30 years or so there will
be no
more helium and nowhere to get it, save tiny quantities from nuclear
plants.
It seems to escape from earth's atmosphere to be lost for all time.
We should be doing all the research that needs helium now, because
we will not be able to do it in the future.
Every time my grand kids play with a helium balloon I feel guilty.
Neville mIchie