[time-nuts] How are you going to spend your extra second?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 25 05:00:49 UTC 2008

Hello Chuck,

You must not be reading the same papers as me (or live in Dallas)...    Google "dallas new years gunfire" to get 63,900 hits.  The Wikipedia article has an interesting statistic...  bullets falling from the sky are 5-15 times as likely to be fatal as direct gunshot wounds.  A couple of articles to start with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2002/12/31/New_Years_Eve_gunfire_may_bring_jail_time/UPI-67071041369090/

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Dallas.Police.Warn.2.620823.html

Really?  I would think it would make the papers... but for
some reason, it doesn't.

-Chuck Harris