[time-nuts] WWVB Outages?

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 21:11:38 UTC 2008

According to the link (that Brent provided), there were WWVB outages on Dec
3, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 24, 26.

I'm not sure if all those were actual outages or only loss of published data
for some other reason?

I do know that I've had a lot of WWVB tracking problems this past month.
...More than just a few.

Upon loss of WWVB signal, my Kinemetrics 60TF drifts 5us in 2 minutes
(during unlock), but recovers to 0us upon re-lock. But the 60TF cannot
recover to 0us when the WWVB signal drop-out is greater than 2 minutes. For
example, it recovers with a 34us offset after a WWVB drop lasting 2.5
minutes.

Greg