[time-nuts] NTPns Configuration Settings?

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat Feb 2 23:16:11 EST 2008

Has anyone else here used NTPns by chance?

I spent the day mounting a GPS inside a net4501 box (I took pics, will put
them online next week, it turned out really nice). And I built nanobsd/ntpns
using the files from PHK's website. The documentation is somewhat sparse on
configuring, and there is no sample config file (that I can find, unless I
completely missed it somewhere). Anyhow, if someone has some experience I
would really appreciate any insight you can give (with both ntpns &
nanobsd).

So far my conf file looks like:

oncore 0 serial /dev/cuad1
oncore 0 pps device /dev/elan-mmcr
oncore 0 pps flank assert
ntpv4 0 listen *
telnet port 123
telnet enable

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, so I have no clue if it works... lol.
I only finished up soldering all the wires before I had to leave for the
evening. I'm going to try and go to the office tomorrow before the super
bowl festivities start, I'm hoping this config will work and everything will
go smooth. Worst case I suppose I can build another nanobsd image with plain
old ntpd and give that a whirl. I really want to use ntpns though for the
better performance and extra flashing LED info.

Jason