[time-nuts] GPS PRN vs SV...??

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 9 04:44:30 EST 2008

From: Björn Gabrielsson <bg at lysator.liu.se>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] GPS PRN vs SV...??
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 10:17:58 +0100

> On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 14:03 +1300, Bruce Griffiths wrote:
> > >

> > Current status SVNs, PRN etc at:
> >
> > http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/navinfo/Gps/ActiveNanu.aspx
> >
> > Bruce
>
> Beeing a time-nut, this is an alternative site
>
>    http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/gpscurr.html

It is a more handier site for an overview... but the former one has more
operational detail and the official messages. Good but for different usages.

31 sats listed in constellation, 30 in normal operation (of which 2 have
scheduled maintenance) and now 1 is upcomming for inclusion.

Having a quick look through it, PRN 07 is currently not used.

It is probably wise to use SVN 23 on PRN 32. If there is a problem there, shut
the old bird up. The next GPS IIR-M satellite we could expect at PRN 07.

Cheers,
Magnus