[time-nuts] GPS Locked and Unlocked Performance Comparison

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Thu Feb 14 20:20:36 EST 2008

Hi Said,

I am not sure which part we eventually selected. I will let you know, they
are NOT cheap...

In our application, temperature stability and initial unadjusted acuracy
were the prime parameters we were looking for, and the Thaler references
certainly deliver on both accounts.

The MSC1210 is an interesting chip, but the TI development "tools" for the
MSC1210 leave a lot to be desired, compared to the Silabs tools, or the
MPS430 tools for that matter.

While 24 bit ADCs are not uncommon, none of the uC I have worked with had
better than 12 bit DAC built in.

Didier