[time-nuts] No Echo

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Feb 15 17:29:39 EST 2008

Neville Michie said the following on 02/15/2008 05:14 PM:
> Sorry for the double mailing,
> I find it very disconcerting to not have my contributions sent back
> to me.
> I mail a response, but it seems not to have been sent, or there is a
> big delay.
> When I go to the archives I find it was sent but I did not get a copy.
> Even when I list myself under Cc.
> cheers, Neville Michie

Normally, mail flows through the server pretty quickly, but remember:
(a) there are over 500 subscribers to the list now, and it does take
some time to process that many messages, particularly if there are
several messages sent in a short time; and (b) mail delays can occur at
other places along the way, such as your ISP -- if mail can't be
delivered on the first try for whatever reason, there's a backoff
interval between retries, so a modest length outage can turn into a
somewhat longer delay in incoming mail.

Yr SysAdmin,

John