[time-nuts] PRN#32 signal not happening

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 20 06:44:45 EST 2008

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] PRN#32 signal not happening
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:44:06 +0000

> In message <47BB670A.3000301 at pacific.net>, Brooke Clarke writes:
>
> >What do you mean by that?  I don't see the connection with USA 193.
>
> Considering that everybody is going to watch that little shooting
> game, AND that russia is ready to make USA international laughing-stock
> over it, should it miss.
>
> I am fairly certain that somebody has decided that PRN#32 is just
> not a risk that needs to be taken one day before the big shot.
>
> In particular considering that there is no particular urgencency
> to setting the signal healthy.

I agree, it is not entierly unlikely. This is not an operational aspect.

Consider the news: "US misses to shoot down their own spy-sat going haywire,
milions GPS receivers disfunctional!".

If you understand that in news normal logic does not apply, then you would not
be supprised... :P

Cheers,
Magnus