[time-nuts] favorite microcontroller module?

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Feb 20 22:41:00 EST 2008

Mike S wrote:
> At 09:23 PM 2/20/2008, Chuck Harris wrote...
>
>> When intel settled on the CS,DS,ES, SS architecture, they did so
>> because
>> it made it easy to write pascal compilers.
>>

> That's no excuse.

Humor?  Perhaps you are saying that you are omniscient?

I guess I am tiring a bit of the "my micro is better than your micro"
part of the discussion.

I agree with Chuck that PIC's are fine, especially with the CCS C
compiler, but what ever works for anyone is fine as long as it does the
job and remains obtainable. I, also, can't see any reason why I would
want to waste time by writing in assembly unless there was a good
reason. The CCS C compiler, by the way, does support inline assembly
code if you have a need.