[time-nuts] Trimble 23198-61

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Thu Feb 21 08:54:34 EST 2008

Dear Matthew,

Attached you'll find I document which I'm planning to upload to my
webpage (once it is activated). The TSIP settings you mention are
correct, however TSIP is used on Port 2! (Port 1 can be configured for
other protocols using TSIPCHAT).

The time/date problem I already figured out... it is caused by the
RTC-chip (Real Time Clock). Maybe replacing it by a compatible chip
could solve this problem.

If you have other questions.... just let me know!

Best regards, Jeroen

Matthew Smith schreef:
> Hi
>
> I have just found your mail to the time-nuts list from last November -
> did you find anything out about the 23198-61?
>
> I have one here, but don't even know how to wire it up - not sure
> whether the power requires +5V or if it has an on-board voltage
> regulator and requires, say, +9V.  I'm assuming that the D connectors
> are both standard RS232 in voltage level and pin-out, and with the PPS
> on pin 9, as it is with the Trimble Ace II (which has a very similar box).
>
> Does this thing run TSIP at 9600-8-1-N when booted?
>
> Anything that you can tell me would be appreciated.
>
> The date problem you were having is something to do with the GPS week
> number; this explains it (in case you had not found out yet):
> <http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/gps_week.html>
>
> Cheers

Ing. Jeroen Bastemeijer

Delft University of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering
Electronic Instrumentation Laboratory
Mekelweg 4, Room 13.090
2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands

Phone: +31.15.27.86542
Fax: +31.15.27.85755
E-mail: J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
GPS: Lat N52.00002 Lon E4.37157 Alt 46.2m