[time-nuts] VP oncore problem

randy warner randy at geodetics.com
Fri Feb 29 18:31:35 EST 2008

Morris,

Are you getting "real" responses, or is the VP just reporting its current
settings? If it receives a message it does not recognize due to formatting
errors it will just report what its current settings are instead of acting
on the command. I'm not sure what would happen if it got a series of
commands like this.

Message timing - this has tripped up many users. On power up (or after a
reset) make sure you wait at least 5-10 seconds before sending any commands.
If messages are received before the processor has finished booting, all
sorts of bad things can happen (ask me how I know....) Normally the receiver
will just ignore them, but if the timing is JUST RIGHT you can trash the
serial port.

Randy