[time-nuts] 5060A acoustic noise issue

corby d dawson cdelect at juno.com
Tue Jan 8 11:48:29 EST 2008

Brian,

I once obtained a 5060A that was used in the time and frequency lab at
HP.

I guess it had sentimental value to them as they kept it going long after
the 5061B had come out.

It had a newer tube in it and more to the point it had one of the later
5061A/B style A11 oven controller modules installed.

This provides DC to the hot wire and no acoustic noise!

I can't remember where they shoe-horned it in as it is a taller module
than the 5060As.

These A11 units are obtainable and the modification would not be
daunting.

Best regards,

Corby