[time-nuts] PM-to-AM noise conversion

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Jan 18 00:31:11 EST 2008

Yeah, that was totally it:
http://www.thegleam.com/ke5fx/spur_demo.gif

The spur amplitude accuracy is at its best in the red trace, just before the
LNA starts to distort.

Martyn: see if the amplitude of the spur you inject has any effect on the
apparent inaccuracy of the 3048A.  LNA misbehavior could still be affecting
your measurement, even though you're not looking at an FM'ed source.

Alternatively, try the same measurement without the 3048A's LNA switched in,
if you can?

-- john, KE5FX