[time-nuts] Wenzel, Inc article on low-noise oscillators

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Jan 23 19:35:49 EST 2008

By the way --

Despite the discussion in the article about the voltage regulator, TVB
and I have discovered that the Wenzel ULN oscillators are very sensitive
to external factors like power supply noise.  When I was testing with an
aged bench supply that apparently had some dried up electrolytics, the
close in noise was degraded by as much as 20 dB from the spec.  With a
really good power supply, spec was met easily.

John
----