[time-nuts] prologix device as sniffer

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Sun Jan 27 13:24:34 EST 2008

Hi Everyone

Thanks to all for helping me with my last post. I am now reading with my
Prologix device.

I am just not sure that I am reading everything. I am trying to monitor
the communication between a closed source App and some GPIB devices.

After I set up imported and set up serial with PySerial I tried this:

ser.write("++mode0\r\n")

x=1

def read3():
    while(x==1):
        print ser.read(1000)

I also tried print ser.readline()

I read the "ID" command sent out by the software but I could not read
the response. Am I reading all the addresses with this set up or just
one? Does anyone have some thoughts on why I don't read the response?

Thanks yet again in advance-patrick