[time-nuts] HP5342A GPIB programming

Matt Ettus boyscout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:25:20 EST 2008

I have an HP5342A with GPIB, and am having trouble getting a reading
out of the GPIB interface.  It seems to work ok, and when I send it
commands with talk.exe from the KE5FX GPIB tools, it responds to the
command.  But any time I query it, it just sits there and times out,
although the front panel indicates something is happening.  In the
manual, it talks about sending an HP BASIC command to trigger a
measurement, but I don't know how to do that with the command line
tools.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt