[time-nuts] Z3801A & ThunderBolt USING SAME ANTENNA?

jshank j-shank at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 21:44:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to set up a Z3801A and a ThunderBolt to operate off of one
symmetricom 58532A antenna using a symmetricom 4-port smartsplitter.  The
Z3801A manual suggest using LMR 400 cable which is a 50 ohm cable which is
compatible with the antenna.  The thunderbolt which I receive has a type F
connector and the thunderbolt manual suggest using 75 ohm rg59 cable. Will I
have a problem connecting the thunderbolt to the smartsplitter using LRM400
50 ohm cable?  The thunderbolt which I received came with a type f to bnc
connector, but isn't a bnc connector underrated to handle the 1.5 GHz
signal?

Thanks,

Jeff