[time-nuts] HP58504A antenna

wje wje at quackers.net
Tue Jul 22 09:15:12 EDT 2008

   MMIC = Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit
Bill Ezell
----------
They said 'Windows or better'
so I used Linux.

   J. L. Trantham wrote:

I have been reading this thread with interest since I enjoy resurrecting
'dead' instruments.  Two questions though:

1. Since I have been out of the loop for many years, what is an 'MMIC'?

2. The picture suggests some corrosion or oxidation near the coax cable
connection.  Has this been cleaned to eliminate any chance of 'shorting' the
signal to ground?

Thanks,

Joe