[time-nuts] Firefox/IE7 plugin for searching mail archives

Wayne Knowles w.knowles at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jul 26 23:29:33 EDT 2008

Several people have recently asked how to search the mail archives.

Recently I got tired of using Google and specifying the site: prefix, so I
have built a configuration that allows me to search the Time-Nuts mail
archives directly from the Firefox search bar as I do for other sites (eBay,
Wikipedia  etc).
It also works for me under IE7 (for reasons known only to Microsoft it would
not install under Vista, but works fine under XP)

The plugin is available for download from:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=timenuts

Note that  Google is used as the back end.

Enjoy!
--
Wayne