[time-nuts] Prologix VRBOOT error

Prologix support at prologix.biz
Tue Jun 3 20:31:13 EDT 2008

Short version:
Connect USB cable before connecting GPIB, and leave USB connected and
powered.

Long version:
On startup, if one of the MCU I/O lines is pulled low, the controller will
enter firmware update mode. As it happens, this I/O line is also one of the
GPIB bus signals. Some instruments seem to have stronger pull-down on the
bus lines than others. The controller may enter firmware update mode, if the
USB cable is plugged in while the controller is connected to such an
instrument. Since the pull-down is passive, this behavior could happen even
if the instrument is powered down when connecting USB.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Abdul