[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Group Buy PS

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Jun 13 23:07:22 EDT 2008

>I might try that too . . . except that the Thunderbolt has a
> MiniCircuits ZFSC-2-1 splitter mounted on top, just above the DB9. The
> splitter appears to be bolted from inside of the Thunderbolt, so the
> Thunderbolt will have to be disassembled to remove the splitter.

Yes, some of the Thunderbolts shipped have splitters mounted on
the frame. These were used for the 10 MHz output of the original
E911 application.

Some were small splitters with outside screws, others were larger
and screwed from the inside.

There's no problem opening up the TBolt case and removing the
MCL screws from the inside.

> Anyone taken a Thunderbolt apart? At first examination, it appears that
> six screws should allow the two pieces of the enclosure to separate. Any
> pitfalls or gotchas? Advice?

No problems. It's easy. Take the DB9 and BNC screws off too.

http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/photos.htm

> Thanks.
>
> Steve K8JQ

/tvb